GETTING STARTED WITH ZOOM
Step 1 – Download Zoom on your Computer or Phone/Tablet
- Download & Install Zoom on your Computer (Windows/Mac) or Download the Zoom App on your Phone or Tablet (iPhone/Android).
(Setting up a FREE Zoom account is recommended but not required.)
- Join this Zoom Test Meeting to confirm your computer or device’s capabilities and get familiar with how everything looks and works
(If you are still having trouble at this point and need extra help, please call us at 951-351-8800)
Step 2 – Register for Online Classes
- Visit the “Online Classes” page to view current class options and register.
- Click on the class you are interested in, then find and click the “Register for Class” button.
- Complete the Registration Form that pops up and click “Register”.
- Check your email. Look for a message from Janet Goeske Foundation with the subject “[Class Name] Confirmation”.
- Open the email and find the “Click Here to Join” link. When it’s time for class just click this link to join.
Please Note: You only need to register once for each class. You will use the “Click Here to Join” from your email each time you join the class.
Step 3 – Joining a Class with Zoom
- 15 minutes before class, start setting up your device (Computer, Phone, or Tablet)
- It’s best to find a quiet area with a strong internet connection. Also, remember to close any other programs/windows that you have running to focus your device’s power, so you have the best connection possible. Check that your speakers are turned on and the volume is turned up.
- Open your email, find the email “[Class Name] Confirmation”, and click on the “Click Here to Join” button.
- Make sure you click “Join with Computer/Internet Audio” when it pops up or you won’t be able to hear the instructor.
- If you join before the instructor starts the class you may see a message saying “Waiting for the Meeting Host to Join” just be patient and the class should start soon.
- Please Note: You may need to give Zoom permission to access your camera and microphone beforehand. Typically, the request for permission will appear in a pop-up window the first time you open a Zoom, and the settings will carry over to future meetings. If you declined permissions in the past, you will need to go into the settings to allow Zoom to access your camera and microphone.